817-274-3328 | Serving Arlington, TX and the surrounding area
South Arlington Animal Clinic was founded by Dr. Lewis Moore in May 1980. Starting with just over 1000 square feet at the present location on Collins St., the clinic opened with the goal of providing quality veterinary care for your pets.
The clinic expanded 7 years later to double its size and to provide additional services such as boarding and grooming. A third expansion occurred in 1992 followed by additional boarding runs and equipment.
Dr. Moore was born in Independence, Missouri. After High School, he attended the University of Missouri from 1971 until 1978. In 1973, he received the Alpha Zeta Award for the highest scholastic record for freshmen in the College of Agriculture.
In 1975, he received his first degree, Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, graduating Cum Laude and Honors Scholar.
In 1976, he received the Cecil Elder Pathology award and also the Phi Zeta Veterinary School awards for academic excellence.
In 1977, he was admitted to the Phi Zeta Honor Society.
In 1978, Dr. Moore received his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
He married Dorsey in 1975 and celebrated year 37 of their marriage in August. He has two daughters who have both worked at the clinic during their teenage years. He has two granddaughters and one grandson, who keep him busy.
He enjoys traveling, gardening, and tries to stay active physically. Although he has been in practice for 35 years, he still enjoys his clients, patients, and challenges, and continues to take further education to stay updated.
Full-Service Veterinary Facility. Call: